Information Technology Resource Centre
Information Technology Resource Centre (ITRC) was established in 2005 under World Bank programme (TEQIP-I) and is unique of its kind among all state engineering universities/colleges of Uttar Pradesh. The objective of the centre is to provide the central IT facility under one roof to students, faculty and staff with a vision to support and strengthen the teaching-learning process and research. The local area network spread in almost entire campus is being managed from this centre. It remains open for 24 hours and is equipped with advanced computer networking hardware and software tools. Having around 250 computers arranged in its different labs, it provides uninterrupted highspeed internet connectivity to the entire campus with two leased line connections- 1 Gbps (1:1) NKN through RailTel and 155 Mbps (1:1) BSNL leased lines.
Facilities available at/through ITRC-
- 5 high end servers (2 HP Rack Mount Servers and 3 Blade Servers).
- Power backup with total 2 No. of 20KVA online UPS, 6 no. of 10KVA online UPS and 2 No. 5KVA online UPS and 10 KVA generator.
- Four general computing labs having 240 nos. computers (UG-160 & PG-90) namely (Computing Lab 1, 2, 3, 4 and PG Lab 1 & 2) for UG & PG students.
- ITRC provides internet connectivity through OFC (of about 5 kms) for academic buildings, hostels and faculty/staff residences.
- Manages Security system through CCTV/ IP Cameras installed at prime locations of the University.
- 1 Gbps (1:1) NKN of RailTel and 155 Mbps (1:1) BSNL leased lines for Campus Wide Network connecting all departments/ Labs/ Admin Block/ Hostels/ Faculty Residences
- Wi-Fi facility in entire academic buildings and Hostels (Boys & girls).
- The complete old CWN Network of the University is upgraded with 10 Gbps new Network devices and Equipment to provide smooth and fast connectivity to access Internet.
- One Seminar Halls with Virtual Class Facility namely Arya Bhatt Hall (with Capacity of 200 Seats).
- Manages mailing system (with mmmut.ac.in domain) for faculty/Staff and students.
Server Room (Under Central Facility)
Equipped with Three Blade Servers and 2 No. of Rack Servers for operation of different servers includes Examination/Academic/Library.
It also includes for successful running of Intranet/Internet with facility of
i- 1 Gbps NKN Leased Line through RailTel.
ii- 155 Mbps (1:1) Leases line through BSNL (Backup)
Both leased line is running parallel to maintain the running of Internet Connectivity
B – 1 No. Main Core Switch layer 3 for management of Distribution/Access Switched
C – 1 No. Cyberoam Firewall for maintaining Internet Security of 2500 Users
D – Two Wi-Fi Controller for accessing the Access Point (Wi-Fi Connectivity)
I – Licence of 128 users of HP (125 No.)
II = Licence of 300 Users of Aruba (HP) (257 No.)
E - 4 main Distribution Switch (3 Nos install in Server room 1 as Backup)
F – PoE Access Switch 30 (HP Make) + [42 No. 8 Port and 11 No. 24 Port HP Aruba Make)]
G – NAS (Network Attach Storage Device) and SAN (Storage Area Network Device) as Storage Devices.
Licences for Software
- Microsoft Campus Agreement under Cloud Technology for Academic Licence Software (270 Users )
- Other Microsoft Bundle Software
- Windows Server 8.0 and 12.0
- SQL Server under Windows 12 Server
Other Licence Software
are also installed for different Department. Under central Facility
- PRO-E/PTC CREO under Mechanical Engineering Department
- ANSYS for 3 Departments, Mechanical /Electrical /Electronic under Mechanical Department 10 users
- STAD PRO Civil Engineering Department 25 users
- MAT Lab 50 users Licence (With Tools for Base version for different Department)