Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is established to maintain and enhance quality of teaching learning process in the University. The major focus behind creating this cell is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the University. The work of IQAC is the step towards institutionalization of quality enhancement. The major objectives of the IQAC is enlisted in the following points:
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) developed at universities to put a focused attention on Quality Assurance aspect of technical education.
- Focused approach to assure and enhance the standard of technical learning.
- Improve the quality of output and efficiency of learning (teaching) systems in a systematic way.
- Help to introduce enabling learning environment which is fostering element for building a knowledge economy.
- Contribute substantially in the success of other programs such as faculty, curriculum and infrastructure development.
- Assure the integration of important component of Quality in all developing fields and coming policies of technical education.
- Required to develop and implement the measures of QA with promise of Quality Enhancement to meet international standards of technical education.
The vision of the University clearly states the aim of the university is to achieve the status of center of excellence in each and every stream being offered in the University. The IQAC is working in tune with the vision and mission to achieve the stated goal. The structure of IQAC is as given below:
|Prof. Jai Prakash Saini, Vice Chancellor
|Prof. S. Venkataramanaiah, Professor, IIM-Lucknow
|Mr. Kunal Bhatia, M.D., E&Y LLP, Partner Cyber Security/Consulting, New Delhi
|Mr. Praveer Arya, The Mall, Bank Road, Gorakhpur
|Prof. D.K. Singh, Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department
|Prof. S.K. Srivastava, Professor, Mechanical Engineering Department
|Prof. Govind Pandey, Professor, Civil Engineering Department
|Prof. Udai Shanker, Professor, Computer Science & Engineering Department
|Prof . R. K. Chauhan, Professor, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department
|Prof. B. K. Pandey, Professor, Physics and Material Science Depratment
|Prof. S.P. Singh, Professor, Information Technology & Computer Application Department
|Dr. V. L. Gole, Associate Professor, Chemical Engineering
|Prof . V. K. Giri, Professor, Electrical Engineering Department
Two practices institutionalized by the IQAC, are as under:
To review the Faculty Evaluation Feedback, IQAC, in its first meeting held on 14.08.2015, noted the faculty feedback process and directed to take the feedback two times in a semester; first one after second test and second one before the commencement of end semester examination. The IQAC also advised that the faculty feedback should be sent to respective faculty members through Head of Department for necessary remedial measures by faculty under supervision of Head of Department.
IQAC, in its second meeting held on 16.08.2016, recommended to initiate some awards to students to encourage their talent. Consequently, University established “Malaviya Excellent Student Award” which is awarded to students of every branch based on their overall performance in academic, sports as well as other extra-curricular activities.
To ensure efficient functioning of IQAC, member secretary of the IQAC interacts with various functionaries for effective implementation of IQAC and apprise chairperson of IQAC from time to time for the progress. Recently, in order to increase the effectiveness of the IQAC an additional departmental IQAC has also been constituted.Theoutcomes/comments/suggestions of DIQAC are being thoroughly discussed in IQAC meetings. The IQAC will record its deliberation and suggest improvements required if any in academic/administrative functioning.