BEST PRACTICE 2
Title of the practice: “Financial Assistance for the welfare of Students, Staff and Faculty members”
Objectives of the Practice
- To provide financial support and create healthy competitive environments among the students through different students’ welfare schemes of the university such as sponsored medals with financial support, student’s fee waives off scheme in case of any mishappening with parents of students, financial support to the parents of the students in case of any mishappening with the students.
- To provide financial support/awards/appreciation to develop healthy competitive environments in teaching and research among the faculty members through different faculty welfare scheme of university such as Research Initiative Grant (RIG) scheme, health insurance scheme, financial support for attending conferences/workshops/seminars/training, professional membership scheme, fee reimbursement scheme for regular faculty members for pursuing Ph.D. from this university.
- To provide financial support for staff members for training/higher education.
Various types of scholarships for meritorious students to develop a healthy competitive environment among them.
- Financial support is provided in case of any mishappening with parents of students, for permanently disabled students and partially disabled students due to any kind of accident.
- Financial support to faculty members in different forms like RIG for new faculty members to set up the research environment.
- Accidental insurance to all faculty and staff members and also provides financial support for health insurance.
- Financial support to all the faculty members in form of registration fee and TA & DA for attending conferences/workshops/seminars/training.
- Financial support to become members of professional bodies.
- Provide best teacher award for faculty members every year to develop a healthy & competitive environment among them.
- Financial support to the staff member for any types of training to enhance their quality of work and also financial support for health insurance.
Financial assistance for the welfare of students, faculty, and staff members provides balanced growth and equal learning opportunity to all. The welfare scheme promotes the wellbeing of students, faculty, and staff members, and wellbeing of students improves his/her academic performance, behavior, and satisfaction while faculty and staff member's wellbeing improves their productivity and performance and in results better outcome for the university.
- University facilitates various types of scholarships sponsored by our alumni for students of all branches.
- University provides various types of medals and sponsored medal awards like Chancellor Gold Medal, Vice-chancellor Gold Medal, and other provisional medals sponsored by Alumni and others.
- University provides complete fee remittance to the student to continue his/her studies for the remaining period of the programme (subject to the minimum period of course completion) if his parent/earning member loss his/her life.
- University provides reimbursement of up to Rs. 50,000/- (maximum) on the production of necessary bill brochure/receipt for treatment of critical illnesses such as Cancer, Heart Stroke, Heart Attack, Organ Transplant, Kidney Failure, Loss of Eyesight, Loss of Speech, Loss of Hearing, Alzheimer’s Disease, Aortic Surgery, Coma, Heart Valve Surgery, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, Paraplegia, Coronary artery bypass graft, HIV, etc. of a student.
- Financial support of Rs.1.00 Lakh will be paid to the parent of a student (excluding suicidal cases) who loss his/her life due to an accident during the study period.
- University provides financial support to faculty members in different ways like a Research Initiative Grant (RIG) for newly joined faculty members to enhance the quality of the research work, accidental insurance of Rs. 10, 00,000/- (ten lakhs only) to all faculty and staff members, and reimbursement for health insurance of Rs. 10,000/- (ten thousand only) is provided when faculty members take insurance from any registered firm/agency.
- University provides financial support to all the faculty members in form of registration fees and TA & DA for attending/presenting the paper in conferences/workshops/seminars/training, etc.
- To develop a healthy & competitive environment among the faculty members, university has practice to provide the best teacher award for faculty members every year.
- University provides financial support to the staff members for training to enhance their quality of work and also provides financial support of Rs. 10,000/- as reimbursement for health insurance.
For getting financial support from the University, candidates have to apply through the proper channel, and they have to get their application approved by the competent authority.
Evidence of success
A large number of students have received scholarships, medals, and awards and successfully completed their degrees. The exit feedback form of the students indicates the true success of scholarship program /students’ welfare schemes.
A large number of good research publications in national/international journals and conferences by the faculty members represents the success of the financial assistantship schemes for the faculty of the university.
With the provision of insurance facilities provided by the university, faculty members feel secure and wellbeing about their future. Faculty members also feel better by getting all types of computing facilities and this enhances the working environment of teaching and research, and faculty members are well capable in conducting online classes, taking online quizzes, and other academic activities.
The staff members also able to be trained as per the need of academic curriculum of the university using the financial assistantship scheme and using insurance schemes the staff members feel secure and wellbeing about his/her future.
Problems encountered and resources required
More funds are needed to improve the financial support of students, faculty, and staff members. To fulfill the requirement the university is approaching more funding agencies/Government Organizations/alumni for getting the financial assistance.