The programme outcomes of the department are designed in such a way that student will be able to inculcate following capabilities:
1. Broadening the horizon of the students in the field of Civil Engineering, increasing their ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to solve real world problems.
2. Increasing the ability of students to identify, formulate and solve problems in a systematic way by appropriate collection, analysis, and interpretation of data
3. Increasing their ability to design a system, component or process to meet the desired needs in an environment friendly and socially acceptable way.
4. Enhancing their skills to analyse complex Civil Engineering problems and obtain the solution by synthesizing simple components
5. An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
6. Increasing their ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering and Information Technology based tools (such as web-based applications and open source software etc.) to increase the creativity of students.
7. Enhancing awareness of students about the impact of engineering projects in a global and societal context (social, economic, legal and/or environmental implications),
8. Enhancing their ability to practice environmental concerns and related sustainable measures and be capable of carrying out environmental impact of a civil engineering project
9. Informing students about engineering ethics and professional responsibilities
10. Increasing their decision-making skills and innovative capability not only individually but also in a multi-disciplinary team.
11. Increasing the ability to communicate effectively by enhancing their drawing and report writing skills and oral presentation skills
12. Increasing awareness of students about cost, time and quality issues in construction helping them to develop social and leadership skills,
13. Providing the students with knowledge on contemporary issues in the field of civil engineering and recognizing the need for an ability to engage in continuous and life-long learning.